Jiro Maruyama, the founder of the company, started the business in the rented room of a tiny apartment with his wife, Yuriko.
The company has grown and the number of staffs increased, as business has expanded to various fields.
Over 23 years since the establishment, the headquarter has moved 8 times total, and now it has offices in 28 locations throughout Japan.
Central R&D Center
In front of Nagano
Station, "RF C-One"
- New R&D concept has been launched, "Most Affordable and Best Quality", to minimize the burdens of clinics and to manufacture products that truly benefits management of the clinics.
- Acquired the fashion building, C-One, in front of Nagano Station, and now called "RF C-One". (Owned by RF's 100% subsidiary, RF929.)
- Installing the medical x-ray sensor, "NAOMI", at three U.S. chiropractic colleges.
- Acquiring Kanazawa Store.
Site area: 892.6㎡, total floor size: 4,300㎡
Started its operation from August.
- Acquiring Central R&D Center.
Site area: 2,512.4㎡, total floor size: 3,537㎡
Started its operation from September.
- Michigan Store opens.
- 〈Annual Sales: 11.2 billion JPY, Number of staff: 250〉
- Founded RF's 100% subsidiary, RF929.
- New business scheme, "Okiraku" has been launched.
- Seized the top share of installation with the medical x-ray CT, "NAOMI-CT".
- Articulating Video Borescope "VJ" has been adopted officially by US military.
- Niigata Store opens.
- Suwa Manufacturing Facility opens.
Site area: 39,669.42㎡, total floor size: 8,000㎡
Started its operation from December.
- Kobe Manufacturing Facility opens.
Site area: 1,521㎡, total floor size: 1,686㎡
- 〈Annual Sales: 10.5 billion JPY, Number of staff: 230〉
New York Store
- Expanding our own factories all over Japan, as Japan's leading manufacturer with Japan-made quality and technology.
- Sapporo Store opens.
- Matsuyama Store opens.
- Hiroshima Store re-opens with the extended office space.
- Omiya Store & Manufacturing Facility opens.
Site area: 1,388.43㎡, total floor size: 760.33㎡
Started its operation from October.
- Acquiring Nagano Store.
Site area: 690.9㎡, total floor size: 241.32㎡
- Acquiring Madarao Learning Center.
Site area: 2,079.34㎡, total floor size: 899.18㎡
- Kurashiki Store opens.
- Yokohama Store opens.
- New York Store opens.
(43rd Floor in Times Square)
- 〈Annual Sales: 10 billion JPY, Number of staff: 210〉
ACC CM FESTIVAL
- TV commercial was awarded with ACC Prize at "2011 51st ACC CM FESTIVAL".
- Started our assistance in the restoration of Northern Japan affected by the earthquake and tsunami.
- Deployed van with basic x-ray equipment to help people affected by the earthquake in Northern Japan.
- Announced the concept and the product development theme to help and support the clinics to be more resilient to disasters.
- Entered the CBCT business in the medical field.
Started installations of X-Ray Dental Sensor "NAOMI DX" to polices of all prefectures in Japan.
- Relocated Nagoya Store to a bigger office space.
- Opened the Stores with the showrooms.
- Relocated Tokyo Store to a bigger office space.
- Relocated Fukuoka Store to a bigger office space.
- Built the new factory, Nagano Tobu Manufacturing Facility.
Site area: 4,656.93㎡, total floor size: 2,130.40㎡. Started in business in August.
- 〈Annual Sales: 9.8 billion JPY, Number of staff: 200〉
Contribution to Nepal
- Granted "Red Herring Global Award 2009" (U.S., Red Herring, Inc.), and selected as the world's representing 100 companies.
- Donated the NAOMI digital x-ray system to Kanti Chirdren's Hospital in Nepal (in response to the needs for medical equipment after the disastrous earthquake in Nepal).
- Received "Best Practice Award 2010" for the innovative digital radiography NAOMI and Capsule Endoscopy Sayaka (U.S., Frost & Sullivan).
- Digital X-Ray Sensor "NAOMI" has been reconigized as the "De facto standard" in the world's digital x-ray system market (U.S., Frost & Sullivan).
- Donated the digital x-ray sensor "DX-150 Second" to Wachet Charity Hospital in Myanmar.
- Started a TV commercial with HANAGE NINJA, very original character of RF Co., Ltd.
- Introduced in the book, "Companies to be treasured most in Japan 2" (Asa Publishing Co., Ltd.).
- Opened the Stores with the showrooms.
Kobe Store (Old Stadinic House at Kobe Kitano Ijinkan-Gai).
- 〈Annual Sales: 9.2 billion JPY, Number of staff: 175〉
- Interactive web demonstration, "THE NAOMI SHOW" started.
- PR magazine, "RF Newsletter" has been launched and publicly distributed.
- Started TV commercials with Japanese Actress Ms. Reiko Takashima for advertisement.
- Seized the No.1 share in Japan's digital x-ray market in the consecutive year in FY 2007 and FY 2008 (according to the third party organization).
- 〈Annual Sales: 5.3 billion JPY, Number of staff: 154〉